Destination Michigan Showcase
Thurssday, November 4, 2021
Breslin Center, MSU
534 Birch Rd
East Lansing, MI 48824
It’s now time to take all that we’ve learned over the last four months of doing outdoor events, and move our meetings and conferences inside! We will have an indoor, masks worn, socially distanced HYBRID event on November 18 at the Lansing Center!
Format: Education, Round Table Discussions, Lunch and speed networking appointments
HYBRID: You may attend in person or virtually
Our education will be on “The ABC’s of Hosting Hybrid Events”
Hybrid Meetings are taking shape within the hospitality industry and are trending with event professionals everywhere. With hybrid meetings, you get the best of both worlds – combining the advantages of meeting in person with the modern technology of today that allows meeting attendees to tune-in virtually from the safety and comfort of home. Hybrid meeting solutions are especially trending during COVID while states start to open businesses and allow gatherings of various sizes.
Michigan Meetings Solutions: Be a Part of our Industry’s Recovery
Our lives have completely shifted and we are all adjusting to the new environment, especially as it relates to meetings. Many are shifting to virtual platforms, which is great in many scenarios, but does not support our venues and our CVBs. Destination Michigan is still advocating for hybrid and/or face-to-face meetings when it makes sense, of course keeping safety as our number one priority. There is something to meeting in person that just does not happen via zoom. The human connection is a powerful thing, and together we need to find safe ways to keep doing what we love.
- Masks will be required throughout the entire event.
- This will be an appointment-based event, with controlled movement to ensure social distancing
- Planners will be seated at their own table, 6 feet away from any other attendee
- Solution Masters – our suppliers – will move their chairs to be seated 6 feet in front of the planners
- Planners and Suppliers will be matched for 30 “idea sessions” (5 minutes each)
- These are some of the solutions being discussed:
- Virtual meetings – including audio visual companies that can make your event seamless
- Hybrid meetings (partially in-person and partially virtual)
- Micro meetings – small in-person regional meetings that could connect virtually with other small meetings across a geographic region
- Drive-in meetings – what if you could broadcast your event and have everyone “drive-in” to participate (think drive-in movie!)
- Outdoor meetings and events that can be done in so many locations in our beautiful Pure Michigan
- Safe meetings protocol and how planners and suppliers can work together in this new environment
9:00-10:00 am: In person, registration (virtual exhibit booths open)
10:00-10:15 am: General session welcome (in persona and virtual)
10:15-10:45 am: General session panel discussion on “The ABCs of Hybrid Meetings” (in person and virtual)
10:45am-12:00 pm: 15 one-on-one appointments (in-person and virtual)
12:00-1:00 pm Lunch and roundtable discussions for in person attendees; virtual attendees lunch on own and visit virtual exhibit booths
1:00-1:15 pm: break
1:15 – 2:30 pm: 15 one-on-one appointments (in person and virtual)
2:30 pm – prizes and wrap up (in person and virtual)