Flint & Genesee CVB
Why Flint & Genesee
Get to know Flint & Genesee – inside and out. From market to museums, cinemas to symphonies, car shows to the county fair, there’s so much to see and do for the business and leisure traveler. Flint & Genesee offers local award-winning hotels and restaurants, and plenty of shopping, entertainment and historic destinations.
Centrally located in southeastern Michigan at the crossroads of three major expressways (I-75, US-23, and I-69) and a direct route to Ontario, Canada, motorists may travel to and around Flint & Genesee with ease to experience all that we have to offer. In addition, Bishop International Airport is conveniently located and offers the lowest average airfares in Michigan with the destination options of larger airports.
Flint & Genesee offers numerous conference and convention facilities to accommodate a range of business meetings, seminars and tradeshows. The area’s largest lodging facility is the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre, a full-service hotel with 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, just minutes away from Bishop Airport. The leading hospitality brands of Hilton, Marriott and Choice hotels are also represented here.
Visitors in town for an extended stay will find an assortment of attractions, including:
- Award-winning county parks and access to streams, rivers and lakes provide year-round opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, attracting residents and visitors alike.
- Competitive sports include the annual Crim Festival of Races and the Warrior Dash while the county’s many golf courses provide a challenge for players at any level.
- Cultural and entertainment venues, from the Flint Symphony Orchestra to the University of Michigan-Flint’s Department of Theatre and Dance.
- Flint Cultural Center (www.FCCCorp.org), with an array of cultural, scientific and artistic experiences. Located on a 30-acre campus less than a mile east of downtown Flint, the campus contains five institutions focused on the arts, music, science, theater, dance, and history.
- Flint Farmers’ Market (www.FlintFarmersMarket.com). The year-round public market has with 50 vendors inside the building, including produce, meats, poultry, breads and baked goods, cheese, a wine shop, an art gallery, a cafe, and many unique gifts.
For more information on what to see and do, including festivals and events, shopping and dining, visit www.flintandgenesee.org/visit.