GFOA Standing Committee Applications NOW OPEN
GFOA standing committees provide the public finance community recommendations for finance officers, managers, elected officials, and others responsible for building and maintaining financially sustainable organizations through the best practices carefully crafted by standing committee members. Serving on a standing committee is an excellent opportunity for GFOA members to contribute their experience and knowledge to the entire membership.
The 2017 application process to serve on a standing committee has begun and I would encourage you to apply! If you already serve on a standing committee, would you consider passing this along to GFOA members in your network who would make a great addition to a standing committee?
Here is the link for the online application
There are openings on all six standing committees:
- Committee on Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (CAAFR)
- Committee on Governmental Budgeting and Fiscal Policy (BUDGET)
- Committee on Governmental Debt Management (DEBT)
- Committee on Economic Development and Capital Planning (CEDCP)
- Committee on Retirement and Benefits Administration (CORBA)
- Committee on Treasury and Investment Management (TIM)
Applications to become a GFOA standing committee member are being accepted through July 28, 2017. GFOA's standing committees meet twice each year at the annual conference and in Washington for our Winter Meeting.
Please feel free to reach out to Emily Brock, Director of our Federal Liaison Center if you have any questions about the committee application process.
We are a strong organization because of the valuable contribution you provide to the public finance community. Thank you for all that you do for GFOA.