Destination Michigan will help connect your meeting or event with the right destination and services. We work with both meeting planners and the destinations, hotels, resorts, venues and service providers in Michigan to make that perfect match. Attend our shows, participate in our cooperative marketing, or utilize our training and consulting to make the connections you need to succeed.
Get in the know! Register to receive all the latest news from Destination Michigan.
Featured Partner: Greater Lansing CVB
Greater Lansing is home to the State Capitol, Michigan State University and is an ideal site for your next meeting or event. The region offers over 4,500 hotel rooms, affordably priced, and conveniently located near area attractions and restaurants. The Lansing Center offers over 71,000 square feet of column-free exhibit space and an additional 25,000 square feet of pre-conference public space set along the scenic Grand River. Connected to the Lansing Center via a covered pedway is the Radisson Hotel Lansing. Three miles away on the scenic MSU Campus is the 254,000 square foot public arena, the Breslin Center. Breslin is adjacent to the award-winning Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center. Greater Lansing is easily accessible and at the junction of most major highways. For fun after your event, explore our Makers & Shakers Craft Beer, Wine and Spirits Trail or explore over 30 golf courses within a 30-mile radius. Casually stroll through museums and art fairs or catch a festival that celebrates our unique heritage. Pull up a stadium seat at a Big Ten college game. Choose Greater Lansing!
- Central Location: Greater Lansing is 90 minutes away from 90 percent of the state's population, making it easily accessible for attendees, exhibitors and speakers. Our community is also in the heart of the Midwest, making Michigan's Capital City a prime destination for regional and national events of all kinds.
- Home Away from Home: Greater Lansing's friendly Midwestern hospitality will have both you, and your attendees, feeling right at home. Over 500 Greater Lansing Certified Tourism Ambassadors located throughout the community make it a top priority to offer a welcoming and positive visitor experience.
- More Bang for Your Buck: Looking for a value destination with a reputation for lots of options for places to stay and things to do? Greater Lansing offers affordable venues, attractions, dining and nightlife for all budgets.
- Versatile Options: Diverse and memorable meeting facilities will make the difference for your next event. Greater Lansing is proud to offer special meeting sites, one-of-a-kind restaurants and unique attractions that will take your next event from good to great.
- Resounding Resources: As home to State Government and Michigan State University, Greater Lansing provides access to some of the most influential minds in America as guest speakers and industry experts. Whether it’s a legislative panel or a memorable keynote from an academic insider your event will benefit greatly from leveraging our local resources.
David Buckenberger, CMP, CMS, CTA
Vice President of Business Development
Attend our Shows
We host education-based tradeshows for meeting planners to network with colleagues, share trends, find solutions to challenges, and to explore new venues and service providers for your next meeting or event. Please consider joining us for our upcoming shows:
We have been helping destinations, hotels, venues and service providers open doors to new business opportunities for many years. Sometimes you’re so busy taking care of current clients that you lose that precious prospecting time. No worries! Leave the prospecting to us. We’ll put you in front of the right audience at our sales missions, tradeshows and other marketing events. All you need to do is follow up and book the business!
Training and Consulting
We provide training and consulting for both meeting planners and hotels/service providers. We want to help you succeed in your profession.
Meeting Planners: Choose from an array of training topics that can help you with site selection, negotiations, sponsorships, tradeshows, budgeting and more.
Destinations and Hoteliers: We specialize in training for the hospitality industry. Do you need to open more doors? Are you looking to book more business? Selling a service like a CVB or a hotel is a different kind of sale. We can help you gain credibility in the marketplace and learn the proven steps to selling services.