Destination Michigan will help connect your meeting or event with the right destination and services. We work with both meeting planners and the destinations, hotels, resorts, venues and service providers in Michigan to make that perfect match. Attend our shows, participate in our cooperative marketing, or utilize our training and consulting to make the connections you need to succeed.
Get in the know! Register to receive all the latest news from Destination Michigan.
Featured Partner: Flint & Genesee CVB
Why Flint & Genesee
Get to know Flint & Genesee – inside and out. From market to museums, cinemas to symphonies, car shows to the county fair, there’s so much to see and do for the business and leisure traveler. Flint & Genesee offers local award-winning hotels and restaurants, and plenty of shopping, entertainment and historic destinations.
Centrally located in southeastern Michigan at the crossroads of three major expressways (I-75, US-23, and I-69) and a direct route to Ontario, Canada, motorists may travel to and around Flint & Genesee with ease to experience all that we have to offer. In addition, Bishop International Airport is conveniently located and offers the lowest average airfares in Michigan with the destination options of larger airports.
Flint & Genesee offers numerous conference and convention facilities to accommodate a range of business meetings, seminars and tradeshows. The area’s largest lodging facility is the Holiday Inn Gateway Centre, a full-service hotel with 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, just minutes away from Bishop Airport. The leading hospitality brands of Hilton, Marriott and Choice hotels are also represented here.
Visitors in town for an extended stay will find an assortment of attractions, including:
- Award-winning county parks and access to streams, rivers and lakes provide year-round opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, attracting residents and visitors alike.
- Competitive sports include the annual Crim Festival of Races and the Warrior Dash while the county’s many golf courses provide a challenge for players at any level.
- Cultural and entertainment venues, from the Flint Symphony Orchestra to the University of Michigan-Flint’s Department of Theatre and Dance.
- Flint Cultural Center (www.FCCCorp.org), with an array of cultural, scientific and artistic experiences. Located on a 30-acre campus less than a mile east of downtown Flint, the campus contains five institutions focused on the arts, music, science, theater, dance, and history.
- Flint Farmers’ Market (www.FlintFarmersMarket.com). The year-round public market has with 50 vendors inside the building, including produce, meats, poultry, breads and baked goods, cheese, a wine shop, an art gallery, a cafe, and many unique gifts.
For more information on what to see and do, including festivals and events, shopping and dining, visit www.flintandgenesee.org/visit.
Attend our Shows
We host education-based tradeshows for meeting planners to network with colleagues, share trends, find solutions to challenges, and to explore new venues and service providers for your next meeting or event. Please consider joining us for our upcoming shows:
We have been helping destinations, hotels, venues and service providers open doors to new business opportunities for many years. Sometimes you’re so busy taking care of current clients that you lose that precious prospecting time. No worries! Leave the prospecting to us. We’ll put you in front of the right audience at our sales missions, tradeshows and other marketing events. All you need to do is follow up and book the business!
Training and Consulting
We provide training and consulting for both meeting planners and hotels/service providers. We want to help you succeed in your profession.
Meeting Planners: Choose from an array of training topics that can help you with site selection, negotiations, sponsorships, tradeshows, budgeting and more.
Destinations and Hoteliers: We specialize in training for the hospitality industry. Do you need to open more doors? Are you looking to book more business? Selling a service like a CVB or a hotel is a different kind of sale. We can help you gain credibility in the marketplace and learn the proven steps to selling services.